B1rd wrote:

The uncensored Nekopara is really good.

p3rv1rd

^ #5718 2016-02-12 20:02:11

Plakkis
The absolute madman

Re: ITT: Pretend we are still writing in osu! OT

B1rd wrote:

But lets get this straight, you're not ok with normal people having guns, but your ok with the police and government having guns because they are so trustworthy?

Not all countries are like 'murica, where your freedom is defined by having a gun at hand. I'm a pro-gun myself and I find the gun restricting laws to be stupid, but there's reason behind them. Each time a massive happening with gun-related massacring happens, there needs to be a response. Living in a country where gun usage isn't that common anywhere (the police force here uses weapons avg ~40 times per year (including threatening with a gun)), the usual response is gun control (especially since we've been quite leftists deep inside for a long time now). Generally people don't see this as an issue, since well, usually weapons really are used by collectionists, hobbyists and hunters (which will not be affected by these laws at all)

Everyone has a belief system, B.S., the trick is to learn not to take anyone's B.S. too seriously, especially your own.
No one is free as long as someone is in prison.

^ #5719 2016-02-12 20:04:12

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

tfw boatslut avatar bros with aurani

whszyo.png

^ #5720 2016-02-12 20:08:38

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

SlFmWKV.jpg

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #5721 2016-02-12 20:12:29

fittan
nup.pw/rPApJe.webm
Website

B1rd wrote:

But lets get this straight, you're not ok with normal people having guns, but your ok with the police and government having guns because they are so trustworthy?

i trust my government, we're proven to be in the elite of non-corrupt countries. i feel your statement is subjective to where you live, but i digress. i'm okay with people who need guns for their profession having guns. in its current state, the only people in the society i live in (again, subjective) who have guns are the police, people with a license that need it for their shooting hobby (which SHOULD require lots of paperwork and proof that you actually are a hobbyist with a legitimate shooting club's membership), the finnish defence forces, and the very few criminals who have illegal firearms (the rate of which is incredibly low in finland as guns are not readily available to be sold as it is). the majority of our violent crime involving firearms involve licensed firearms belonging to either the shooter or their close friend/relative. i don't see any reason to further limit the availability of firearms for the population but i certainly don't see any reason to increase it either.

fittan.gif

^ #5722 2016-02-12 20:16:38

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

^ #5723 2016-02-12 20:16:44

fittan
nup.pw/rPApJe.webm
Website

also hunters have guns, we have a very active hunting culture

fittan.gif

^ #5724 2016-02-12 20:17:37

Plakkis
The absolute madman

fittan wrote:

we're proven to be in the elite of non-corrupt countries.

I really hope you're not serious with this one. Even though our corruption is not as slap in the face as in many places. Saying non-corrupt is a blatant lie

Everyone has a belief system, B.S., the trick is to learn not to take anyone's B.S. too seriously, especially your own.

^ #5725 2016-02-12 20:17:43

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

fittan wrote:

also hunters have guns, we have a very active hunting culture

Reservist shooting is also a thing. Finland has a surprisingly high amount of guns per capita in the civilian use.

^ #5726 2016-02-12 20:17:52

B1rd
-

Plakkis wrote:
B1rd wrote:

Not all countries are like 'murica, where your freedom is defined by having a gun at hand. I'm a pro-gun myself and I find the gun restricting laws to be stupid, but there's reason behind them. Each time a massive happening with gun-related massacring happens, there needs to be a response. Living in a country where gun usage isn't that common anywhere (the police force here uses weapons avg ~40 times per year (including threatening with a gun)), the usual response is gun control (especially since we've been quite leftists deep inside for a long time now). Generally people don't see this as an issue, since well, usually weapons really are used by collectionists, hobbyists and hunters (which will not be affected by these laws at all)

I'm sure that trying desperately to ban guns will solve the issues of mass shootings. Or perhaps it'd be better to try and solve the issue of having so many mass-murdering psychos. And iirc, something like 8/10 of these mass shootings happen in 'gun free zone'. If more people were actually armed, these mass shootings wouldn't happen because either the shooter would get shot before he could kill many people, or he'd just not do it at all if he wasn't sure that he'd be able to kill many people.

And I'm sure gun control works great in your white majority European countries, because there isn't anyone committing violence and crime. But guess what, high rates of gun ownership works well in white majority countries too, like in Switzerland, when you have responsible people with firearms. But when you need guns when something happens, which it will, you don't have them. Like for example, hordes of rapuges invading, courtesy of the government and leftist cucks, and you can't even defend yourself because you've already given up that right, and now you can't get it back.

^ #5727 2016-02-12 20:25:45

IppE
Complaints Department
Website

^ #5728 2016-02-12 20:25:48

Plakkis
The absolute madman

B1rd wrote:
Plakkis wrote:
B1rd wrote:

I'm sure that trying desperately to ban guns will solve the issues of mass shootings. Or perhaps it'd be better to try and solve the issue of having so many mass-murdering psychos. And iirc, something like 8/10 of these mass shootings happen in 'gun free zone'. If more people were actually armed, these mass shootings wouldn't happen because either the shooter would get shot before he could kill many people, or he'd just not do it at all if he wasn't sure that he'd be able to kill many people.

And I'm sure gun control works great in your white majority European countries, because there isn't anyone committing violence and crime. But guess what, high rates of gun ownership works well in white majority countries too, like in Switzerland, when you have responsible people with firearms. But when you need guns when something happens, which it will, you don't have them. Like for example, hordes of rapuges invading, courtesy of the government and leftist cucks, and you can't even defend yourself because you've already given up that right, and now you can't get it back.

The laws don't remove the existing weapons, as stated by lewder and IppE, we have a really high gun ownership/citizen.
And since all of our recent mass shootings happened in school, how would loose or strict gun control prevent that? We were already living under the guise of being "safe" from everything, people don't carry self-defence weaponry if they don't feel threatened. And I doubt many felt that threatened after the school shootings either.

And since most of the people who get weapons here are doing it as a hobby anyways, it doesn't affect their rate of gettin guns at all.
Finnish citizens have and will have guns in a pretty normal rate, since it only reduces the purchases done by people who just "wanna own a gun" without actually learning how to shoot with it properly etc. I actually find it more reassuring knowing that the citizens who have guns here actually know how to use them, instead of being able to buy one with no credibility on what you're gonna use it on.

Why do I keep responding to these, the way you write is so fucking baitish I'm actually retarded

Last edited by Plakkis (2016-02-12 20:27:09)

^ #5729 2016-02-12 20:30:03

Aurelianus Augustus
Restitutor Orbis

Thing is, to answer to both of you, I don't think gun ownership changes SHIT. It's the mentality of the people who live in any given region that drives them to either kill or otherwise use their guns for illegal means. You have a rather above-average crime rate in Serbia/Croatia (not counting Bosnia, as it's not even a proper country), yet, you never hear about some massive school shooting or other incident, simply because the people here have way, way more important things to do (such as survival) that they don't have time for such nonsense.
Growing up in a strictly traditional environment limits your "modern" mentality of "I can do whatever the fuck I want".

The funny thing is that each and every country that got "touched" by the Western policies and mentality changed for the worse in regards of CULTURE. I don't care if we have democracy and freedom, if our children are going to be mini-murricans, thinking that going into a school or cinema and killing 200 people is the right thing to do.
It's almost ridiculous how different of a mentality you will get when you hop from Germany to Poland - two neighbouring countries, yet so, so culturally apart. I'm no fan of Russia and their politics, but one thing they got straight is the tradition. They preserved it and there is a certain bond between people that goes above and beyond mere patriotism that simply stops them from looking at other people like animals.

Call me a fag, but I'm a traditionalist at heart and I'd like to have certain restrictions when buying guns. I'd actually go a step further and make it so no ordinary guy can obtain one unless he/she is a member of a club that revolves around guns, but I'd unlock all the guns when it comes to obtaining one for club activities, such as sniper rifles and fully automatic guns (which are strictly prohibited here no matter what licence you own).

When it comes to living in the West, however, you bet your fucking ass I'd get a gun, and a big one at that. There is no bond between you and a fellow countryman there, so I sure as fuck wouldn't want to get gunned down by some random ass nigger who wants my 5 dollars because he needs to buy crack.

313.png

nOVJiUv.gif

^ #5730 2016-02-12 20:37:46

Plakkis
The absolute madman

When shit goes from bad to worse, I'll have my M/28 to protect me ;__;

Board footer

Cookie policy